Hello & Welcome


I'm Jodi a Wedding and Portrait photographer on the stunning Sunshine Coast - Australia.  Thanks for visiting my journal - this is quite a new project for me - showcase all things new & exciting at Jodi McDonald Photography - recent work, give clients a quick sneek peek,  any specials or promotions, jot down some hopefully interesting bits 'n pieces and keep me on the path. Absolutely love my photography and anything photography related - hopefully it is evident in my work.  Love to capture happy fun people being themselves - if this sounds like you I'm sure we'll hit it off. Please visit my website to view more of my work and extra info.  It is clearly apparent that you can learn more about someone through regular visits to their blog than reading their Bio. Love to read comments and meet new bloggers like myself - don't be shy. Thanks again and come back to see what else I've been up to.

Contact  Ph: 54433457  Mob: 0404 863 953   

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bits N' Pieces

Well it's been a busy week - my second Jene' turned 7 yesterday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY my gorgeous girl! She is a little gem - loves to please and has the best manners - I'm sure 'pardon' was one of her first words. Last Saturday she had a Disco Ten-Pin Bowling party - very cool - lots of squealing, loud music with video and disco lights. She then had a wee party yesterday (after having her ear's pierced - cried last year when they marked the spots with a texta though this year she insisted she was ready & she was very brave) at my Mum's with cousins (another cake). Which answers your question regarding the TIM TAM cake - becoming our little family tradition - who needs three birthday cakes?????? She had a great day!









I guess I will mention the fact my birthday was Monday this week - two days before Jene`'s - just so I can tell you what I got. My sweet Ian has taken 4 days off work in August so I can go to August Exposure. Have had this booked for a wee while though it is technically my birthday present. Yipeeeee - can't wait it is going to be awesome. Have attended seminars by the incredible Yervant, Greg Dries and Rob Heyman before - am especially keen though to hear Marcus Bell (brilliant) and Kelly Munce (visit her blog all the time, recently cleaned up at WPPI and met her at PMA this year in Bris Vegas). Very spoilt I also opened a nice box containing a shootsac!!!!!!



Okay so fair is fair I must post an image which appeared on Swellnet - surf cams, surf reports & forecasts - in Qld Sunshine Coast report yesterday. It was dark and raining and my Ian still got up for a surf/paddle before work. He is a die hard surfer though on the coast here it can get flat for periods so he got a stand up paddle board for when it is small so he can still get wet and get a fix. Not my image - pretty cool though it does look cold and far too wet for my liking at 6 in the morning.



And last but certainly not least - THE BAG LADY. My youngest Lucy who decided to have a rest on the bean bag with her four handbags! One on the left was my mothers (over 50 years old) which is now in the dress-ups. Lucy has a longstanding habit of sucking two middle fingers on right hand and recently the hair twirling has started to create dreadlocks - SERIOUSLY she can create one in minutes. Gave the image a old faded process for the bags benefit.

13 comments:

Keats Elliott Photography July 24, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

I just found your blog -- and have to say that I throughly enjoyed your voice and your images. I even took a minute to check out Kelly's Munce's siite - inspiring is right! Thank you for the treat -- I'm so glad that you got a Shootsac for your birthday -- otherwise, i would never have found you :)

Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

Happy birthday - looks like your daughter had a fantastic time. Just adore the last photograph of your post. That is just too precious!

Anonymous July 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jene'!!!!
Love the TimTam cake..looks like you guys had a ball...
Lucky mum is an awsesome photographer to capture all those memories!!!!!!

Jodi McDonald July 24, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

Thanks guys so much for visiting and more so leaving comments. Would love to return the favour - blogs?????? Young Kelly you sooooo need to get one happening chick!

Anonymous July 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

I know...I know...just another thing to add to my "to do" list!

Anonymous July 25, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

The thought alone of lugging around FOUR handbags makes me exhausted too! ;) She is darling... that is one for the books. Happy Birthday to you & Jene - and WOW! Love the surf-paddling (? is that what you called it?) shot... brrrr and yet so cool :)
x
Chels

Anonymous July 26, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

what a beautiful birthday girl she makes too :) i have a thing for handbags too but don't generally take the to bed with me lol

Ali July 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Hey! Love your work Jodi! Hope you had a great birthday! Looks like your going to have a lot of fun on your excursion!!

AHS Photography July 29, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Happy Birthday to Jene! Looks like a super fun party!

Anonymous July 29, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

My daughter is 12 this week too Jodi!....love your work, you are such an inspiration to me!

Jamie Stenstrom July 30, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

That last picture is so, so sweet!

Anonymous August 1, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

happy belated birthday!
I totally LOVE tat last one!

Anonymous August 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

HAPPY B-DAY!!! I loooove that last shot....gorgeous!

Blog Archive

Blog Patrol

My Inspiration & Motivation!!! Danica Jene` Luke & Lucy

My Inspiration & Motivation!!! Danica Jene` Luke & Lucy